The first thing you might be asking is “What exactly is the wedding shoe game?!”
Well… The Wedding Shoe Game is an ever popular and fun reception activity that tests the newly wedded couple’s knowledge of each other. The newlyweds will have to answer a variety of questions without seeing one another’s answers. Questions tend to range from, who is the funniest to, who is the best cook, to who said I love you first?
The game is usually played when the meal is over and the toasts have been given, and playing this game is a quick way to get guests into the party mood! Alternatively, if this is part of your wedding timeline, you could decide to play the game in between the band leaving and the DJ starting their set. Pick a time that best suits the flow of your party.
How to Play the Wedding Shoe Game
Step 1: Set-up
To get ready to play the Wedding Shoe Game, put two chairs back-to-back right in the center of the dance floor. The couple should then sit on the chairs so they can’t see one another. Then have both of them take off their shoes and swap one of them with their sweetheart, so that each person has one of their own shoes and one of their partner’s shoes.
Step 2: Pick a Game Leader
Now it’s time to pick a game leader. This person may be a guest, the reception emcee or someone in the bridal party, such as the best man or the maid of honor. Having both sets of parents alternate questions can also be a fun addition to the game! Just make sure that whoever you choose is confident enough to speak in front of a crowd and has a loud voice (or mic experience!).
Step 3: Start the Questions
Now, here’s where the fun really starts! The host starts reading out questions about the couple one at a time. After each, the caller will leave a short (or dramatically long) pause, in which the couple can answer the question, the guests can react and the videographer can preserve the moment!
Step 4: Raise the Shoes
Because it’s the Wedding ‘Shoe’ game, the couple doesn’t simply shout out answers! That would be too easy! Oh no, they raise the shoes in their hands instead to answer the questions. When a question is asked, they should raise the shoe of the person the question describes. For Example: “Who is more likely to cry during movies?” Both partners would then answer by raising either their own shoe (because their the big softy), or their partners (because they are).
Wedding Shoe Game Question Ideas
If you want to play the Wedding Shoe Game, but aren’t sure where to start, we’ve compiled a list of possible questions for you. Typically the game host asks between 20-50 questions depending on how long you want the game to go, and the time you are filling in your reception schedule!
- Who made the first move?
- Who said “I love you” first?
- Who is the better cook?
- Who cooks most often?
- Who is most likely to binge-watch a show?
- Who loves reading the most?
- Who is the nerdiest one?
- Who has the better hair?
- Who is the first to apologize?
- Who always thinks they are right?
- Who is more romantic?
- Who is more honest?
- Who is more likely to get lost?
- Who is more likely to stay late at work?
- Who is more likely to be late for work?
- Who has the sweetest tooth?
- Who is the bigger shopaholic?
- Who looks after the pets more?
- Who talks the most?
- Who talks the loudest?
- Who is more serious?
- Who spends the longest in the bathroom?
- Who takes the longest showers?
- Who takes the longest to get ready?
- Who is the most adventurous?
- Who is better at keeping secrets?
- Who has the best taste in music?
- Who has the best taste in films?
- Who has the best taste in TV?
- Who plans the best date nights?
- Who is the better driver?
- Who is the pickiest eater?
- Who looks the best today?
- Who is the most stubborn?
- Who exercises more?
- Who is the better dancer?
- Who is the better singer?
- Who takes up more than half of the bed?
- Who is more organized?
- Who has a better fashion sense?
- Who chooses where you go for dinner?
- Who does the household chores?
- Who wakes up first?
- Who stays up the latest?
- Who is funnier?
- Who is the cleanest?
- Who makes all the plans?
- Who is more outgoing?
- Who is the better kisser?
- Who is the flirtier one?